Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Out of my Hands and Into the Postal System

Well, they're done. On Friday, I took an enormous stack of 9x12 envelopes to the East Stroudsburg Post Office, and mailed out my Graduate School applications. I walked in and the Post Office was empty, and since I am the type of person who gets superstitious and sometimes believes in omens and portents, I thought, "Well, this is lucky. It bodes well." The postal employee at the counter, Lew, looked at the stack and said, "Applying for jobs?" I said, "Close. Grad School." He got everything ready, and they were officially out of my hands. When they went in the sorting bin, I felt a little bit of exhilaration and nerves. I was no longer able to grab my work samples and shout, "Wait! Not ready! Just one quick edit!"
I celebrated being finished by downloading World of Goo for my Wii and playing it. Oh, it's fun. It reminds me of building a house of cards with little black blobs. It's completely addictive. In fact, I think I'm going to go play it now.

No comments: