Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Musical Wednesdays: Two Announcements

I thought about doing something to tie in with Monday's post and my upcoming post about "Man on Wire," but the more I think about it, the thinner that hypothetical post would be. So I'm going to veer away (someday I'll manage to complete a week-long theme, I swear) and instead I will use today's post to say two quick things and then get out of the way.

1. There's a new Spoon album out this week, "Transference," and it's available on vinyl and as an mp3 download over at Amazon (or at your local record store). Spoon is consistently great, and I definitely recommend checking out this album.

2. This week, legendary singer Kate McGarrigle passed away. In addition to being an incredible folk singer, she was also the ex-wife of Loudon Wainwright III and the mother of Rufus and Martha Wainwright (probably the most musical family currently in existence). So here's a video to remember her by:

No comments: