Monday, June 7, 2010

Fiction Mondays: Summer Reading

I'm about two hundred pages into Neil Gaiman's American Gods, which is kind of an ideal summer book: epic, but not too heavy, it's a road trip into an America where the old gods are just trying to scrape by in the face of new forms of worship.

I spent last week trying to figure out what I'm reading this summer, and this book has sort of kicked off the season for me. So today, I present my summer reading list (constantly under construction). One quick note: a lot of these are paperbacks, because sometimes a hardcover is just too much to lug around in the summer.

1. Neil Gaiman, American Gods
2. Glen David Gold, Carter Beats the Devil
3. A.M. Holmes, This Book will Save Your Life
4. Jonathan Lethem, Chronic City
5. Edward P. Jones, All Aunt Hagar's Children
6. Margaret Atwood, Year of the Flood

So that's a pretty good list, I think. What else should be on there? Leave recommendations if you'd like!

No comments: