Monday, June 1, 2009

Just an Update While I Watch Conan

So, I'm watching Conan's first night of "The Tonight Show," and it's only the opening segment--which features Conan running cross-country to get to LA for the show, stopping at a bunch of American landmarks (and a Victorian Doll shop). It's absurd. There's a direct lift of the famous running scene from "Forrest Gump," and the whole thing is set to Cheap Trick's "Surrender." This bodes well. But, let me get back on topic: I have not updated this blog in some time. All I have to offer is an excuse, and I hope it's a good one: I've been working on a first draft of a novel. In addition to picking up more freelance writing work, I've made it my goal to write 1,000 words per day, minimum. It's forced me to be really disciplined about the practice of writing without getting hung up on revisions while I'm in the middle of a draft, and if you're working on something longer, I'd suggest giving it a try.

So that's all for now. I'll be better, blog, I promise.

No comments: