Monday, June 15, 2009

Quitting My Day Job

I have decided to quit my day job (you know, the manual labor, frequently dangerous one) after two years of continuous fun and adventure. I will be joining the ranks of the tenuously employed: that's right, I will be a freelance writer. What does this change mean for you, the reader of this blog? Let's take a look:

1. More updates! Even if I don't have much to talk about--no, especially if I don't have much to talk about--I will come here and write. Like Edison once said*, "Necessity is the mother of invention."

2. More fiction! More time to write it, more time to read it.

3. Less exhaustion! More energy for going out and doing stuff means more stuff done. And this will be great for updates (see #1).

So that's all. Just letting you know. Also: first draft of the novel is in the home stretch. Taking some time after it's done to work on short stories.


*Edison probably didn't say this. I made that part up (see #2).

No comments: