Monday, August 10, 2009

Fiction Mondays: Links!

So this week, I begin the process of entering all of my changes on the computer. I got through the first read-through on Friday, and took the weekend off. I caught up on Mad Men in anticipation of the third season premiere, this Sunday. I don't feel very recharged, but I think that has more to do with being up late last night doing laundry. So this morning, as I start to take the red pen and convert it into words on the page, here are some links!

  • Thanks to Pimp My Novel for pointing out this criminal investigation waiting to happen: the Twilight Online Roleplaying Game. What can you say, besides, "Really, guys? You want a bunch of lovesick teen 'vampires' running around online trying to meet strangers?"
  • Apparently some parents took issue with Harry Potter being obviously drunk in the last movie. I don't know, I found it funny. But that might be because drunk Harry Potter was one fist-pumping singalong away from being drunk me.
  • There was a really funny bit on NPR's "Wait...Wait...Don't Tell Me" this weekend where they were asking Judd Apatow about conspiracy theorists. One theory was about alien shape-shifting lizards running the world. A quick Google search found this list of similarly insane theories. I am interested in this because I have this vague idea for a story about the man who built the set for the supposedly fake moon landing, and how strange that job would be.
And finally, no morning would be complete without a Thomas Pynchon book trailer. I don't know who made this or who is doing the voice-over, but I like to imagine Thomas Pynchon, Simpsons-style, walking around filming this and reading his own book out loud. It reminds me a lot of The Dude from The Big Lebowski, especially the bit at the end. "That used to be like, three weeks of groceries, man."

**UPDATE (8/11/09): The Wall Street Journal confirmed that the voice in this trailer is actually Pynchon!

No comments: