Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Films: Chicken Dance Edition

I feel like a kid who hasn't done his homework. I didn't have a blog post prepared for today, and every one I started--one called "Coming Attractions" and another called "Why Does Tyler Perry Get to Keep Making Movies?"--fizzled out before I got to the second paragraph. This might have to do with the fact that I haven't been to the movies in a few weeks, or really even rented a movie in awhile. I could dive into my DVD collection and write a quick essay on something in there, but it feels like cheating. So instead, I will just leave you with this: let's get to the movies this weekend. It's rainy here on the East coast, and it looks like it will be for the next few days, so why not spend some time in a dark theater, watching something that will (hopefully) leave you thinking or at least talking for a little while after the credits?

Or--and this is likely for me--skip the theater, refuse to get dressed all day, and re-watch "Arrested Development" on DVD. Unless you're chicken.

No comments: